Environment can affect children in a number of ways:
- Lack of opportunity to play and experiment with graphic materials will have developmental consequences.
- Pressure from parents and teachers to perform can cause undue tension.
- Inadequate light or poor position of the lighting.
- Writing surfaces; too many things on the desk, height of desk and chair
- The position of the writer to other people; left handed child to right of a right-handed child .
At Powick CofE Primary School, we aim to reduce environmental factors that impact on a child's ability to write.